The best solution to manage large files backups.
Data volume is constantly growing across all industries. This creates technological and financial constraints to Enterprises or Managed Services Providers (MSPs) backup and storage.
To help Corporate organizations dealing with this issue, Bacula Systems has developed the Delta plugin, one of the many Bacula Enterprise Edition Backup & Restore System exclusive add ons. The Delta plugin is designed to analyse file differences at the block level and generates binary patches for the backup. It allows significant space reduction on files that have few modifications between two backups. The Delta plugin uses encoding that enables storing data in the form of differences between sequential data rather than complete files. This is known as block differencing.
To analyse differences between versions, the Delta plugin stores signatures for each file backed up in the working directory. During restore, Bacula Enterprise Edition will restore the first version of the file, then applies patches on it for each incremental/differential backup in a temporary file. Delta encoding is sometimes called delta compression, particularly when archival history of changes is required. The Delta plugin is available for each of the following platforms:
• RHEL 5 and 6
• Ubuntu LTS
• Debian 6.0
• SUSE 10, 11 (i64 only)
• All recent versions of Windows.
• Better ROI of hardware investment
• Block level differences backup: designed to analyse file differences at the block level
• Data deduplication for tape, disk and cloud stored backups
• Generates binary patches for the backup
• Designed to permit significant space reduction on files that have few modifications between two backups
• Backup optimization of very important files
• Incremental and differential backups
• Significant reduction of space needs
• Available on all platforms such as Linux and Windows 32/64bit
• Optimal solution for files such as Outlook PST, Unix Mbox, all databases, VMware/VirtualBox/KVM images, etc.