Do you know all the advantages of Global Deduplication?
It was from version 8 that Bacula Enterprise Edition incorporated Global Endpoint Deduplication™ technology. Today in version 12.2 of Bacula, this technology has consolidated itself as an important strategy for data backup and recovery, both for its flexibility and for its various benefits. Below we list some of them and we will also present an example of a 49Gb deduplicated backup that corresponds to a total volume of 904Gb of data.
1. Triple Economy
• Hardware savings: Bacula Enterprise works with Global Deduplication technology, which means that deduplication rates make it possible to save up to 99% of disk space.
• Bandwidth savings: in addition to the ease and speed to disable the client or even set the bandwidth dynamically, Global Deduplication also brings savings in this area.
• Focused Team: all these facilities and savings from Bacula allow your organization’s technology and infrastructure team to have more time to do other jobs.
2. Smart Backup
Backups Store only blocks that have never been backed up before on any of the backup clients. The deduplication blocks of all clients saw only a reference of the blocks previously backed up.
3. Performance and Scalability
The Deduplication process requires huge indexes. To store them, Bacula Enterprise uses a non-SQL database for greater Performance and Scalability.
4. Allows for deduplication wherever you prefer
• On the backup client, to reduce the volume of data sent over the network.
• In storage, to allow the backup client to send data with maximum throughput.
5. Choose your Filesystem
Global Endpoint Deduplication™ works with all filesystems. If you want even more security, choose a filesystem that further protects your data.
Set it all up in practice! Watch the video that shows the example of a 49 GB duplicate backup that corresponds to a total volume of 904 GB of data.