Bacula Systems is a backup software developer responsible for producing the Bacula Enterprise Edition (BEE). Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Switzerland, it has large companies as customers such as NASA, Swisscom, Boeing, Airbus and Santander, as well as governmental organizations, military, cloud providers and other service providers in the United States, Japan, Europe and Latin America, having been chosen in 2015 as one of the 20 most promising Data Center solutions providers.
Bacula Systems is the backup software specialist, has a lean structure and a simplified licensing model that never taxes per stored backup size. Because of that, Bacula Enterprise provides savings of up to 70% in comparison with the licensing cost of its main competitors.
Bacula Enterprise allows to easily manage backups, restores and to verify data from computers in a data network and/or mixed systems. Such a backup framework can be deployed in different component sets of the various corporate data infrastructure platforms. Bacula is the third most popular backup software in the world (according to the Google Trends).
Bacula Enterprise has an exclusive graphical BWeb interface that allows complete configuration of the backup system in an intuitive way, as well as plugins that enhance the backup automation and the RTO of specific applications.
Bacula perfectly replicates competing tools such as ArcServe, from Computer Associates, or Veritas Netbackup, bringing together features that make it a unique and profitable product against competitors found in the market, capable of serving the most diverse needs of data storage, Including, but not limited to:
- Generation of an open (non-proprietary) format for recording backed-up data, which can be read by Unix tar and dump, allowing the user organization not to be a victim of technological provisioning.
- Open format and SQL standard backup catalog database, allowing machine learning from backup metadata. It can be like PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- BEE has the largest collection of plugins on the market, with integration for VMWARE, VSS, Hyper-V, KVM, XEN, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle, SAP, Directories, Delta, NDMP, Bare Metal for Linux and Windows, and others.
- Support compression of backups in the free (non-proprietary) GZIP and LZO algorithms.
- Support for Windows 32 or 64-bit platforms, Mac OS X, Solaris, Open Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, SUSE, and other GNU / Linux distributions.
- Backup master/client/storage node idependent distributed architecture.
- CLI administration interfaces for contingency purposes.
- Authentication of backup services by means of passwords and cryptographic keys.
- Disk devices, magnetic tapes, and S3/Object backup storage wide support.
- Native network traffic limit functionality for backups.
- Global or Storage Block Level Deduplication. File Level Deduplication (optional).
- Generic files differential block level backup plugin – Delta.
- Backups Copy/Migration.
- Portability (modules for different operating systems are compatible).
- Backup customization features.
- Features for sending log messages from backup / restore jobs.
- Running scripts before/after starting jobs on both the client and the backup server.
- Cloud Service Providers special licensing conditions.
- The Bacula Enterprise user finds contractual security because the contracting model is not tied to the volume of data backed up. Rather, the costs of the customer are solely related to signed features and services.
Bacula.us is at your disposal to resolve any doubts or provide any clarification necessary for Bacula Enterprise to join your company, providing technical, operational and financial results that increase the efficiency of data protection and data protection resources.
Disponível em: English